Getting Started (always check your equipment)
Welcome to the official blog of The Podcast Consultant. I have been working in this industry for a long time and have plenty of excellent advice to share with you to make sure your podcast aspirations come true.
This is where I will share regular tidbits that I continue to learn in this industry.
One thing I can't stress enough for podcasters is the need to test your equipment before every single recording. Doesn't matter if you are a veteran, pro, mid-level podcaster, fan, or first-timer. Technology can be finicky. That could mean your software solutions or your hardware. Before you get ready for that interview or go out on the road, double check everything.
- Check batteries to make sure you have enough power (and have extra's anyway)
- Make sure you have all the right wires
- Update software or open it and ensure it's operational
- Do a quick test recording, best way to know if everything is working is to actually hit record and then listen back. Always listen back
- And of course, make sure you actually hit record
Doesn't matter how good of a session you have. If the equipment or software didn't work, all of that effort was wasted.